The Schmidt 20 cu ft blast pot is a similar design to the 10 cu ft. The main difference being the capacity, other componentry is the same. These units are designed for fixed installations i.e. blastrooms. Having a large pot volume means it is possible to fill it up and run for a longer period without needing to depressurize. The capacity of this pot means that 2 operators can run off the same pot and not run out of abrasive too quickly.
This abrasive blasting system features the same production-boosting and ease of use features seen on Schmidt’s smaller pots:
• Large hand holes for easy access to the pot interior for maintenance.
• 1½” piping to minimise pressure loss.
• Thompson Valve II metering/deadman control system allows operators to start and stop independently.
• Thompson Valve II metering/deadman control system also ensures accurate abrasive metering that stays consistent.
• The Thompson Valve II is can be pulled down and rebuilt quickly and easily
• Spun rather than pressed base prevents abrasive bridging.
• Hemispherical pop up allows for a tight seal even if the stem of the pop up is out of alignment.
• Pop up dome and ring are manufactured from a compound that assists with sealing.