BLAST EQUIPMENT HAZARD – MISUSE
Misuse of abrasive blast equipment can result in malfunction, rupturing, or even unforeseen starts that can cause death or significant injuries.
Make sure you comprehend all instructions including tags, labels and manuals before using the blasting equipment.
Look back to the technical data in the manual to figure out the maximum working pressure of the blast equipment. Don’t surpass the maximum working pressure of the lowest-rated system component.
- Wear complete personal protective equipment when operating blast equipment. Make sure you do not move or lift blast equipment that is pressurized.
- Follow all environmental and safety regulations that apply to the project and worksite.
- Only trained specialists are to use abrasive blast equipment.
- Abrasive blast equipment should solely be used for blasting abrasive. Contact your BlastOne representative if you have any questions on this topic.
- To avoid major injuries, illness or death, don’t blast with any sand, crystalline silica , metal refining slags, silicates or abrasives that contain any biological micro-organisms or heavy metals.
- Do not pull on the blast hoses . Keep the hoses away from sharp edges, traffic, and hot surfaces.
- Do not change the blast equipment in any way. Stick to the authentic replacement parts and accessories.
- Do not strike blast equipment with anything hard to open or clean the equipment while it is under pressure. This could cause significant injuries or even death.
- Do not blast or leave blast machines and hoses in weather above 150°F or below -32°F.
- Inspect the blast equipment each day . If there are any parts that are broken or worn down, repair or replace them right away.
- Don’t weld or cut the shell of the blast equipment. It will affect the pressure vessel and will overturn any manufacturer approval or certification.